Learn the fundamentals of block theme development in part 1 of the Developers Guide to Block Themes.
The course will guide you through the process of developing a block theme from scratch. It covers the fundamental elements of a block theme, teaching you the concepts via real world examples.
What you will learn:
- The minimum requirements of a block theme
- Turning design requirements into a theme.json file
- How to utilize the Site Editor to build out your theme templates
- Taking the changes from the Site Editor and saving them as theme files
- Creating Custom Templates, Template Parts, and Variable Templates