Are you a WordPress plugin developer who wants to dive into developing blocks? Perhaps you have developed a shortcode that provides your users or customers with a specific piece of functionality, and you can see that it would make a great block, but you don’t know where to start. You’ve read the block developer handbook, but you need a TL;DR version, giving you the key knowledge and tools to go from zero to converting your shortcode to a block.
If that is the case, then this short course is for you!
In this course, you will explore the key knowledge you need to get started converting your shortcodes to blocks. You will learn
- Which software you need to install to get your development environment ready for blocks.
- How to use the create-block tool to speed up your block development.
- A suggested process for converting shortcodes to blocks, using the scaffolded code from create-block.
- How to apply CSS to your blocks, both in the editor and on the front end.
- How to implement and use block attributes to allow users to edit block data.
This course assumes you already have a local WordPress installation, and that you use a code editor you’re familiar with. This course also expects you to have some familiarity with working in the terminal.
Ready to get started? Just click the Take Course button, and you will be on your way.