Learn WordPress May 2023 Newsletter
Welcome to the third edition of the Learn WordPress Newsletter! This month, we’re excited to share multiple pieces of localized content have been published.
What has happened up until now?
From the launch in December 2020 to Till Now, we have published the following:
- 168 Tutorials
- 122 Lesson Plans
- 23 Courses
and held 350 Online Workshops, with 193 Online Workshops recorded and available on WordPress.tv.
New content as of April 2023
Lesson plans are structured instructional plans that you can use to teach others.
Tutorials are short (5-15 minute) videos that show you how to do a specific thing with WordPress. They generally focus on one feature at a time and have specific learning outcomes.
- Add media and Openverse images to your content directly from the Inserter
- Adding a sticky header or banner
- Creating a custom template with the WordPress site editor
- Custom post types and capabilities
- Developing with user roles and capabilities
- Extending WordPress: common security vulnerabilities
- Importing widget areas from a classic theme to a block theme
- Rapid Website Recreation
- Using Block Patterns
- Using Template Parts
Online Workshops are live learning sessions, usually facilitated over Zoom. Unlike other content, these are often highly interactive sessions, generally 1 hour long.
Check out the Online Workshop calendar to see what Online Workshops you can attend this month. You can also watch recorded sessions on WordPress.tv. Below are recordings published in the last month:
- English – for Users
- A Beginner’s Guide to Setting Up a Basic Website: Content Planning
- A Beginner’s Guide to Setting Up a Basic Website: Website Design
- A Guide to Open Source and WordPress
- Building a page with only patterns
- Exploring some of the new 6.2 WordPress features
- How to add a blog or news page to a WordPress website
- How to create a website on mobile (Part 2)
- Updating a blog’s design (Informal live stream) – Part 3
- English – for Developers
- English – for Contributors