Getting Started With WordPress: Get Set Up
Welcome to Getting Started with WordPress! If you’re reading this, it’s likely that you want to learn how to set up your very first WordPress website.
Most people’s very first steps in getting started with WordPress are:
- Deciding where they want their website pages, posts, images, and other content to live, and
- Giving their WordPress website an address where people can find their website.
In fancier, more technical terms, these two things are known as “finding a host” and “registering a domain name.”
This course will walk you through the basics of both of these things!
Are you in the right place?
This course is right for you if…
- You want to set up a simple website or blog;
- You are getting started for the first time with WordPress;
- You haven’t decided on a host yet (or don’t know what this is–yet!);
- You haven’t picked a domain name yet (or don’t know what this is either);
Does this sound exciting? If so, let’s get started! Enroll in this course by signing in to your WordPress.org account (or creating a WordPress.org account for the first time) and then clicking the button below.
In order to enhance your learning experience, click here to open a private and secure WordPress site that only you can access.
Time Requirement: 15-20 Minutes
What if I already have a host and domain name? If you have already chosen a host and domain name–or you’d like to use a localized version of WordPress that exists only on your computer to learn about WordPress–you might hop over to the second course in this beginner series: Getting Started with WordPress: Get Familiar.